04 May 2012

Wood and Water



"Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water" - Zen Proverb.


I've put a lot of time and energy this week into my new writing project, "The Vampire Diet" - but no, this post isn't another one about insoluble dietary fiber. I'd always thought "Modern Oracle: Tarot for the 21st Century" would be my first big writing project, but after discovering "Twilight" and "Being Human", and remembering "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"...I decided to bring this to the front of the line, then it's right back to tarot. It is exciting to think of projects one after the other...a hopeful feeling.


It might be a little bit of a juggling act, but I hope to give both tarot and the book the attention each deserves. Not to mention the number one over-riding priority over all things...my husband and daughter.


We're having a family weekend. My husband is graduating with high honors with a Bachelor's degree in computer genius-atude with a concentration in god-emperor-geek-dome. I love science, and like to think I have a couple of IQ points to rub together - but even I can't keep up with this guy.  Congratulations to him! Celebrations all around. Whether it is made up of celebrations, family, or "chop wood, carry water" kinds of mundane tasks, life is precious, it deserves our full attention.


Will be back with new Tarot posts on Monday. Have a great weekend!


www.modern-oracle-tarot.com

No comments: